Monday, February 10, 2014

23 Mobile Things * Thing 11!

Library and Reference

Thing 11 asks that we investigate the ELM Mobile site - so I am off to dabble....elm4you.org!

Oh my goodness I feel as though I have hit the jackpot! This is one stop library shopping for teachers and students! I feel bad that I am just now learning of this great portal. Here are some of the things we have available at the ELM Mobile site:
  • Research Now connects you to the mobile-friendly databases. At the bottom of that page is a link to the full list of all ELM databases.
  • Ask a Librarian connects you to AskMN, 24/7 reference service.
  • Plan Your Research takes you to the Research Project Calculator.
  • View Help Videos will take you to the Minitex Reference Outreach & Instruction YouTube Channel where all the ELM video tutorials are held.
  • Find Your Library connects you to the State Library Services’ Library Directory.
  • Friend Us on Facebook! connects you to the ELM Facebook page.
Can't wait to share this with my faculty!

Searchasaurus is a data base provided by ELM that I discovered thanks to 23 Mobile Things. It is a perfect research tool for grades K-5. March in 5th grade brings animal research projects to the library. Having the ELM Mobile site to use with our Mini iPad lab will be perfect. I can demo and the kids can investigate - so simple! Thank you 23 Mobile Things.

Just received a request to share with 8th grade research tips for "1930's American History." We will be more than dabbling, we will be digging!

1 comment: