Friday, February 14, 2014

23 Mobile Things * Thing 14!

Videos

With 5 photos from my iPad album I was able to create a very quick video using Magisto! This app provides the backdrop and music options to make your photo/video creation. This was very fun and quick; probably the quickest mobile thing to work with yet. I would love to do this with my Middle Schoolers in the library. Let them loose with a camera and create the videos. I was thinking they could take pictures of their sources and use the video as their bibliography. Who said a bibliography has to be a type written page. The students would still be giving credit where credit is due.

My video titled Birds of Summer was all of 6 seconds but I was able to include the pictures of a Robin's nest from egg to hatch-lings to an empty nest from last summer at my home. If I wanted to publish this video I would have had to open an account with Magisto, which I am not ready to do at this time. This being noted I would have to figure out the logistics for student accounts in order to publish...hmm.

At any rate, it was well worth the play time!

No comments:

Post a Comment