Monday, February 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things * Thing 16!

Audio

The possibilities are endless...mobile devices with their built in microphones allow recordings anytime any where. In the library I could record students reading aloud and play it back for them to hear their own reading and story telling. I know that they would get a kick out that! Who needs cassette tapes and recorders when you have an I-pad!

I chose to try the app SoundCloud. Billed as a "Huge Social Sound Platform," including music, comedy, news, podcasts and the ability to record my own. Note that 120 minutes of recordings are free and after that it is a $6/month fee if this is a keeper! Deleting old recordings allows new ones to record and freeing up your minutes.

First I watched the Tutorial which for all the mobile things that offer this, I do watch and they have been valuable.
...I could not get past the Accept button, so I tried Audioboo! It is supposed to be simple where I can record up to 3 minutes of audio; enough to do a booktalk/review! I was able to record a lesson plan for Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson for my PreSchoolers. The end result being an art project I title PreK and the Purple Marker! One of the more fun activities with Audioboo is to have the readers share their own stories in their own voice - I know they would get a kick out of that! Please be sure to visit the AudioBoo tab for Educators.

No comments:

Post a Comment