Monday, February 24, 2014

23 Mobile Things * Thing 17!

Connecting to Community

The task for this post is to investigate an app that will connect us to our greater community be it local or a bit out state. I have chosen to investigate the app Highlights of the Superior Hiking Trail as the Superior Hiking Trail travels just to the southwest of property my family owned from 1983 to 2003 in Grand Marais, MN; a place near and dear to my heart.

Truly a trip down memory lane. The trail is calling me back, perhaps for a fresh spring walk or once the snow goes out a June hike! The app also introduced me to the Superior Hiking Trail association; shta.org.
Please take a look-see at the photo tab. You will not be disappointed. See you on the trail!

I plan to download the Minneapolis Skyway app and share it with family new to Mpls.! It looks like it is the ticket to a wonderful app for navigating downtown Mpls.! HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, not so. Couldn't get it from the app store.

 P.S. After this winter everyone should have the 511 Minnesota app as well. DO NOT USE IT WHILE DRIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment