Tuesday, February 11, 2014

23 Mobile Things * Thing 12!

Books, Books, & More

...as in books, ebooks, digital storytimes and a look at what Amazon, Apple, and Google have to offer in their free ebooks and audio books libraries.

I created a children's library with iStoryBooks. Readers PreK to 2nd grade would enjoy the stories shared here. Twenty Five fiction and nonfiction free books make up this collection with the option to purchase premium titles. The free titles were in my opinion adequate, with average pictures, text and audio. It does take a while to set up your free library as each book is individually downloaded. One title stood out among
 the others and that was Sea Animals with lovely real life photos!

I do have an app from previous browsing titled MeeGenius that is similar in quality to iStoryBooks. Bottom line - you get what you pay for!

I did not download the Audiobooks App but I would for sure share this with faculty and students as I am a strong proponent of audiobooks for struggling readers.

I will put in a plug here too for Teen Book Finder as well. I have used this app in the past as it directs teens, parents and educators to the Young Adult Library Services Association's awards and lists. It has proven to be a solid resource for teen book selection and recommendation.


No comments:

Post a Comment